Infrared Camera Calibration
FLIR cameras are designed and factory calibrated for accurate temperature measurements and thermal imaging. When maintained with FLIR’s annual calibration services, they will be highly reliable in spotting thermal anomalies and other temperature phenomena. Without proper maintenance and calibration, accurate measurements cannot be assured.
The calibration of each FLIR camera model is unique. Therefore, FLIR’s Aftermarket Organization is uniquely qualified to keep your camera in peak operating condition for optimum reliability and accuracy in data collection. This division is certified according to ISO 9001:2008 (Nov. 2013).
14-Point Inspection & Calibration Program
FLIR´s exclusive 14-Point Inspection & Calibration program uses temperature references that are calibrated annually and traceable to the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The program includes the following steps:
FLIR 14-Point Inspection & Calibration Program:
- Perform a complete operational check
- MSX® calibration and laser alignment, when applicable
- Verify all internal cable and PCB connections
- Clean viewfinder and check optics
- Upgrade internal camera software to latest revisions
- Perform minor repairs
- Verify and/or re-equalize as needed each temperature range for image uniformity
- Verify standard lens calibration (others or special engineered lenses, optional)
- Verify ambient temperature compensation as needed
- Re-calibration to ensure it meets factory specification
- Calibrate temperature ranges up to +1,500°C, when applicable
- Perform quality approved acceptance test procedure
- Provide calibration label with next due date
- Provide calibration certificate (optional, extended calibration certificate with measured values)
*Does not include parts or labor required to meet calibration standards, nor additional lens/filter calibrations.
Additional FLIR Maintenance Services
Request a Quote
More Information on FLIR Calibration Services